Monday, June 6, 2011
Plugging along. I got the boning channels sewn into the interlining for the bodice and the bones into the front section. I'm using duct ties and still have a few to file smooth and the back ones to put in. I did 20 bones in the front section and then 8 in the back. It seems like its going to be plenty supportive. Crossing my fingers. I'm rather squishy and pretty well endowed as well as being fat. Every little bit of structure is going to be a good thing since I'm not doing a corset, but counting on the dress for all the shaping. I'm going to finish that and then pad stitch the felt to the canvas. That should keep it together so its not loose to shift around, but also add that much more firmness to the support layers.
Looking forward to getting the bodice done so I can play with jewelry and make the girdle. I've been putting it off so I can get the size right and make sure it lays correctly. Shiny!