Saturday, August 27, 2011
Just lacks a ribbon and we have a volosnik
Since this is a first attempt , won't really be seen much in the finished outfit, and I'm trying to use as much stash as I can for certain elements so I can splurge on others; I didn't use gold, silver, or silk threads, which would have been more appropriate. I opted instead for a light cotton perle. I did a series of Solomon's Knots rather than netting. Both use a gauge to loop and knots to stabilize, but I'm much more comfortable with a crochet hook than a netting shuttle. I used the out of period technique in the interest of time, so I'm not still making this next summer. As I said, just a little bit of finish work left. I'm planning to starch the mesh a little so that it gives a more proper shape. I think I will just sew some more of the green into a tube and use it for the ribbon to continue with my salvaged materials theme here.