Monday, August 15, 2011

Accordellata-- my fancy schmancy bodice ties

I have absolutely no idea why what my bodice laces looked like mattered to me when a shoelace would have been fine, especially since my eyelets are far from perfect, but I guess it did.  For the same reason what my petticoat is laced closed with mattered, I suppose.  Reasons.  That's all I can say.  So, I braided myself some fun bodice laces out of silk.  This is red orange and gold Madeira silk floss.  8 strands of 5.5 meters of silk worked up to almost exactly two yards of finished braid.  This is the half round braid from Jacqui Carey's Beginners Guide to Braiding.  It took me about 5 hours in front of the TV to finish it.  I suppose, at the very least, my bodice laces aren't going to get mixed up with someone else's.  The chances of them breaking isn't very high either.  They're pretty darn strong.  

And now I'm going to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment