Thursday, August 18, 2011
Finished my silly mask (which isn't crooked I swear, I'm just wearing it that way in the picture since I made my husband take it in the middle of the night.) Its supposed to be for keeping sun of a lady's delicate complexion. Seems a little creepy for that. Especially since its held in place by a bit made from a bead clenched between the teeth. I used one of the large slightly oval wooden beads that are my favorite foundations for threadworked buttons and attached it to the mask with a bit of linen floss. I didn't end up glueing the velvet to the buckram as had been done in the tutorial I linked earlier, opting instead for stitching it to the buckram foundation. Its very lightweight and soft this way.