Thursday, August 4, 2011
Chopines are finally finished
I had planned to wear them with the red and gold cutwork leather slippers, but those may have to wait until after the contest is over. Makes me really glad I decided to do a split vamp so they can be adjust to be worn with shoes or without. The tassels are made from rayon embroidery floss. I'm not as thrilled with them as I'd like. I'm sort of considering making a pair of gold tassels instead, but I'm not going to worry about it until the contest is over since I need to move on to other things.
I had planned to braid silk for the bodice laces as my next project but now I'm waffling. I even have the silk. I did a pair for Serafina's Elevation dress. I might skip it at this point since they're not exactly a big bang for your buck project. They took me days to do and are strong and nice, but really subtle. Same sort of thing as the petticoat lace. Its nice, but not really obvious. Another option is working on the tablet woven garters. Again, its a time suck that perhaps I should wait on.
The only thing left on the dress itself is the sleeves. I'm making slow progress on them, but they're coming along. I'm couching trim. That should keep me busy for a few days.