Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Finished the apron

It doesn't look like much draped over the chair, but it looks and feels really nice over the petticoat. I might talk my husband into taking a picture later. I need to iron it again as well, since my kids were kind enough to sit on it while I was waiting for the camera batteries to charge.

I fussed over the lace, wanting to do a small lace around the edge and a thicker one on bottom in addition to the one used for the insertion. I didn't have anything so I sat down to make some and then stood right back up. Nope, not going to happen. While I want an apron to help keep the dress clean from little hands, its not worth adding another handwork project tot the mix. I settled for more of the same lace. Its actually an edging lace that I had to trim to use as an insertion, so it worked just fine as an edging. The top is pleated and stabilized with 5 rows of stitching, then a trim was added for ties.

I'm going to try to finish the bits I've got left undone on the stockings so I can officially declare them done and put together an update to send in tomorrow. Its the end of school for my daughter though and there are concerts and such to attend, so we'll see if I manage to get much of anything done.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Lace inserts are just so very classy looking.

    ReplyDelete