Sunday, May 1, 2011

The myth is that I have any time

I spent yesterday separating dandelion petals from their sepals so I can make dandelion mead. Great activity and lots of chatting with me, my husband, and my crafting partner in crime, but no work on the dress happened. I should have yummy metheglin in about a years time though, so totally worth it.

I did spend a lot of time thinking about the dress. I've decided to do the felt stiffened hem rather than cording the petticoat since I want to do that sort of hem on the overdress to match the felt stiffened bodice. May as well practice on the underskirt.

I've got some scribal work to do for next week and there's a "Scribal Brunch" happening today, so I'm going to go hang out and pretend I'm working. I am excited to get the trim/guards started on the skirt now that I have an idea what I want though, so this evening should find me working. I was afraid that this layer was going to be sort of throwaway, but I had an epiphany while playing with some lace, ribbon, and trim and layering it on the gold of the skirt. I'm just going to tease with that and will show you the idea tomorrow-- even if its not sewn into place yet.

Off to play with paint and ink for awhile, and then I'll come home and put my nose back to the grindstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment