Thursday, August 16, 2012

So what's next?


This week is actually more than a little crazy with my son's 5th birthday tomorrow and back-to-school shopping this weekend.  He's going to kindergarten and my oldest daughter will be in 3rd grade.  I'll have a couple of hours every day where it is just me and the twins. I'm looking forward to that.  I've also got to get us ready for Coronation Labor Day weekend since none of my kids have garb that fits.

I'm hoping to finally get around to making a version of the dress in this Titian portrait of Clarice Strozzi for my older daughter so she can wear her zibaby from Sable Greyhound.  I'll probably do one for my youngest as well.  Seems pretty straightforward and comfortable.  Probably too young for my 8 year old, but I don't think she'll care.  I need to make the boys something as well.  With the extreme heat, I don't think I'm going to worry too much about accuracy and just do them shirts, Venetians, and jerkins rather than full doublets.

I'm being lazy today, but should at least get the fabric in the wash tonight so I can cut something out tomorrow after the 5th birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment