Monday, August 27, 2012

Dresses for my girls

I still need to make the smocks and the lacing rings, but I've pretty much got the girls' dresses done.  I put together a girdle belt for L so she can wear her zibaby from Sable Greyhound and then did a matching necklace and bracelet.  I'm running low on time, but I think I can still get the boys outfits done by Saturday. Cross your fingers.  The dresses are headed to the washer and then a solid ironing.  They'll look loads better on my cuties and I'm hoping to get pictures of the kids at the event.

2 comments:

  1. What do you use to make lacing rings for your girl's dresses? I've ordered some for my daughter's gown, but I'd prefer to make them instead. Any tips you have would be greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done soldered jump rings before, but usually I use the small brass rings they sell for making Roman shades, You can find them in the drapery department of the craft store. The current ones I have are Dritz brand purchased at JoAnn's

    ReplyDelete