sprang poste back at the beginning of this endeavor. It still is on my list of things to try but I never settled into it and got going with the experiment. The dress still needed the option of that splash of color at the waist to tie together the color in the sleeves and trim. I still wanted to make something pretty and not just a strip of silk. I considered doing pewter mounts like I'd done on my last poste/sash. I didn't want to just pour more of my heart mold though and never came up with something nifty to carve a new mold of so it kept getting delayed. I figured I'd better make something before time completely ran out. So, here it is. Rather boring, but I did learn a new stitch. The sash is actually 3 lengths of silk held together by an interlaced herringbone insertion stitch. It's done in a blue bamboo rayon thread that matches the dupioni silk of the sash. The tassels are the same thread. The herringbone is interlaced in gold cord. It is a bit too heavy to work properly so next time I will use a lighter contrasting thread. I stitched on a few pearl and gold beads and ta-da. Not my grand planned piece, but it does the job and the tassels and beads weigh down the bottom nicely.
pattern I draped last year for linen hose and cut and stitched them. There's a bit of lace trim and a blue and orange woven ribbon to top it off and firm up the upper edge.