Saturday, July 7, 2012
Zibellino in blue
I used Primo this time rather than regular Sculpy and I don't really like it. It is softer than Sculpy and I was fighting that. The ears kept drooping and the clay kept mashing on to the tin foil form I was using to support the head shape. I ended up having to remove it in bits after the head was baked instead of it just providing support and being easily removed.e
I had planned to do 2 matching heads in order to make a piece to be worn at the neck, but after I got the first one sculpted I decided I didn't want to try to make a second to match. I still to try that type down the road, but the right design idea hasn't hit me. I've got quite a few more stone marten, however, if inspiration does set in at some point soon.