I've been making a list of the accessories and new things I'd like to try for this gown as well as the things that won't match from the other gown. I'm sure I'll add and subtract from it as I go along, but I figured it was best to have a starting plan.
Mantellino-- The gollar type. Watching Siwsan with her cuddle fur and Fiametta with her gollar in the evenings when the bugs come out and the temperature drops has convinced me that I need one of these. I don't normally think of myself as getting cold, but that may well be because I've usually got multiple layers (veil, dress, collar. and coat) wrapped around my neck. Having a little extra to cover the neck and shoulders seems like a fine idea.
Loose gown/zimmara-- I started one in blue and gold with a pomegranate pattern in the print. It was supposed to be an Elizabethan style one, but it really has a lot taken from Italian engravings. I've been making all the trim and dozens and dozens of threadworked buttons and sort of stalled on it. Its been begun within the year so it meets the challenge requirements. I think it will work okay with the dress colors and I need the deadline excuse to finish it. It has sleeves and the decoration is much more complex than the one I threw together for the IRCC.
Muff-- I just love the envelope style type with the buttons. My other one is red and this one could be blue. That's my entire excuse.
Flag fan-- I adore the elephant one that Cara (Hannah) made for the IRCC as well as the one Aurora (April) made that had the lyrics to a song printed on it. I'd like to do something similarly interesting for my fan this time. Possibly something heraldic since heraldic display is an a&s category and thus I could get some bonus points (yes, I am a dweeb.)
Stockings-- I really like my green ones, but the loose weave linen I used has already needed to be darned. I want to make a more heavy duty pair.
Garters-- Seems a good excuse to practice my tablet weaving. I also like the buckles that Marguerite put of Serafina's garters. Its hard to resist buckles. They seem so much nicer than knots for some reason. Also I just love the blue and orange combo (they're my two favorite colors) and want more accessories in it.
Shoes-- I'd like to do a pair with hand stitching and of a little heavier weight than my rather fragile slippers.
Zoccoli-- Maybe a shorter pair of plainer patten type overshoes that are more wearable and less ostentatious. That's a big maybe though, I'm really not sure how motivated I am on this one.
Dress-- pretty self explanitory
Petticoat-- I'd like another one. Less full and heavy than my cartridge pleated, heavily lined underskirt of doom. Don't get me wrong, I love, love, love it, but I'd like other options. I'd also like to experiment with more cording and do some decoration. Maybe even play with some trapunto quilting or some applique.
Camicia-- I'd like to have a back-up plain one. I get a bit nervous about spills since I only have the one.
Soccacia-- I was just blown away by Aurora's embroidered pocket in voided work. I'd like to do something a bit more fun than my plain brocade one. Also, I made mine rather small (It's perfect for keys and my cell phone) I'd like to make a larger one.
Needlecase-- I want to take another run at this. I've been thinking about what I did wrong the first time.
Drawers-- I may try doing the embroidered ones I didn't get around to the first time. Again, this one is iffy and depends on just how motivated I get.
Hat-- whatever we're calling it. I'm leaning toward capigliara..
Partlet/scarf thing-- much less structured than the one for the Camilla dress. This is going to be something I'm going to have to purchase fabric for. I just don't have anything close to being right for the fine sheer gold it is.
Necklace--Since this is such a distinctive piece I wants it. Obviously, I'm going to have to sculpt it myself however. Aine http://zibiesjewelrysewing.blogspot.com/was telling me about a metallic powder she's been using lately that anneals to the clay and gives a more metallic finish than other things she's used since it actually is metal. It seems much easier than the precious metal clay I was looking at so I may give it a try.
Earrings-- none in the portrait but I'll probably do some anyway since I love earrings.
Bracelet-- considering something
Gloves-- I have a pair cut and would like to finish them
Parasol-- I fell deeply in love with Christa's heraldic parasol she made for the IRCC and I adore my fringey one. It was so fun to go walking with it at Coronation, so I think I'd like to try painting one. Since that means I'm going to have to order some silk I'll probably do some banners as well. We'd talked on Garb Girls (an informal facebook sewing group with a lot of the kingdom seamstresses on it) about doing some banners for the Kingdom. The Province could use some new ones, and I want some. Buying the larger amount of silk should make the stuff I use for my parasol either scrap or at least inexpensive enough to go into my budget nicely.
Handkerchief-- I did drawnthread work on Serafina's towel and have been wanting to do something for myself since so this seems like a good opportunity.
So, here goes. Time to get started. At least my research time is going to be significantly less this round. I hope.