Thursday, May 10, 2012

Itty bitty bows

I didn't get to the block printing today. I'm thinking more and more that I will actually carve a stamp. So that I had something to blog about I finished up the earrings. I picked up some ribbon embroidery silk ribbon to do the bows. Should be durable and it is the perfect thickness.

Since I already had a couple of pairs of pearl drops I wanted to do something a bit different. I loved the interesting pair in one of my favorite accessory rich paintings, Montemezzano's Portrait of a Lady with a Squirrel. The 3 pearl drops at the bottom and large gold component in the center are fun. I really like the bows as well. While Caravaggio is not usually really a good costume reference painter, there are a set of similar earrings with bows in the Judith painting I was looking at last month. The ones in the Montemezzano have heavy hoops but I was concerned about weight with the chandeliers and the pearls and crystals so I settled for simple leverback findings.

Not much else to say, but here's my second daily post. I have $2!

1 comment: