Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pinning is progress, right?

Started assembly of the bodice.  Oh yeah, I'm a slooooow handsewer (as you may remember from the underskirt assembly.)  Its going to take a day or so to get it stitched together and probably another day or so to do the eyelets, so there just isn't much to see.

I am a little worried that its just so blah.  The portrait doesn't have any trim or anything on the dress.  There's gold trim on the sleeves in straight lines, but the bodice is completely plain.  All of the interest comes from the partlet.  I guess it does make for a quick dress, however.  I shouldn't complain.  The prospect of having this wearable within the week is actually a really good thing.  It'll let me make up my husband's outfit for our friend's wedding.  Only about 2 weeks to that deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment