Monday, June 11, 2012

Progress on the fan

Not really much to see, but after resculpting the gryphon on the right five different times I wanted to get a record of the wings and faces before I screwed them up again. I'm just not very good at symmetry. Considering I haven't had an art class since junior high school though, I don't feel too terrible about how it is going.

I'm planning to do a twisted rope around the central medallion to set it off and I need to do some sort of flourish about midway down on the sides in order to get the correct shape. Considering a curled claw/foreleg. Maybe. I also need to do some work up between the wings to echo the bulb at the bottom of the handle and reiterate the seeblatt.

I spent a couple of hours couching gold cord on the cappotto this morning as well. Anyone remember that? It's been crumpled in a pile next to my couch as I've ignored it for several weeks. There was some serious consideration of just ripping off all the gold cord since it just doesn't lay like I want it to. Plain guards would go on much faster and then I could just finish the thing. The little bit of gold really does pop though so it is still there. I'm determined to keep plugging away at it. I'm bound to finish eventually. Of course, I said the same thing about the never-ending loose gown. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment