Saturday, March 3, 2012

Trying not to cheat and over plan, but I'm getting excited about April and the IRCC

I swear, I wasn't going to participate in the Italian Renaissance Costuming Challenge again this year. I told myself 2 Italian dresses was enough and I should work on Rus court garb and camping gear. That line of reasoning is not working whatsoever. I love having a deadline and, more than that, I adore looking at blogs and participating in 4 months of craziness.

So, why mention this now? Well, I'm sort of extending my IRCC by a little over a month because I need to take off a few pounds in order for me to feel comfy in the U dress style I want. After changing shape drastically after making my red bodice last year, I don't want to have that happen again with a dress I put a lot of time in to. I figured if I started now and put some serious work into it (and made the bodice as basically the last thing I did) I could drop enough by August to be comfortable in my own skin again. I'm event stewarding an event this month and prepping for Kingdom Arts and Sciences in May, but I'm making this my other big focus. I won't bore you with further reporting, I'll put that on my personal fitness blog instead, but I needed to announce it in order to make myself accountable and start the clock running on my personal challenge.

Now, back to buttons and frogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment