Monday, September 17, 2012

Waiting for a screen for my laptop

My kids cracked the screen on my laptop. so I haven't had computer access.  Should be fixed in another day or two.  In the meantime, here's a picture of me in the super quick dress I threw together for camping this past weekend.  I'd just finished teaching my class on Medieval soft drinks and we were down in the "grotto" with loads and loads of shade.

The bodice is a bit bigger than planned, somehow.  Luckily,  it is side laced so I can take a couple of inches out without much hassle.  I also did super minimal boning on this one, and I may want to add a few more bones back.  Or possibly another layer of felt or two.  The bones would be cooler, however, so they may win.  It was certainly comfortable, however.  I set up my tent in this and tromped all over the place with no issues at all.  I just need to make a few alterations so the bust stays put and I don't end up with a bit of the center front poking out.

Did I mention this is now referred to as my "Happy Meal Dress?"  Thanks go to my 5 year old who exclaimed when seeing the guards in the back (which are vaguely arch like)  "Mom!  You're a Happy Meal!"   I'm sure it was meant as a compliment.

1 comment:

  1. Now you have a Halloween Costume too- I like to turn all my costumes into something vaguely Rennaissance so I can wear bodies, a Happy Meal would work too!

    ReplyDelete